1.2 By continuing to use this Website, you confirm that you have read this Policy.
1.3 If we change anything important about this Policy (the information we collect, how we use it or why we use it) we will highlight those changes at the top of the Policy and provide a prominent link to it for 30 days following the change and prior to the change taking effect.
§2 Information we collect
2.1 Information you give us. You may give us information, including information that can identify you ("personal information"), when you use our Website, correspond with us, enter into any of our promotions or surveys, post on our websites, subscribe to receive our newsletter or purchase our goods or services. Where we request required information from you, we will collect the information contained in the relevant forms or pages. You may choose to provide additional information to us when you contact us or otherwise interact with us.
2.2 If you purchase any goods on our Website, we will also collect your delivery address, billing address and payment information. Please note that we will not be storing your payment information, this will be done via a third-party payments company.
2.3 If you visit our roastery, we may also collect information about your preferences associated with your visit, such as your visit preferences.
2.4 If you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters or receive other forms of direct communications from us, then you may provide us with your name, email address, date of birth and interests.
2.5 Information we collect automatically. When you visit our Website, use our Apps, we may automatically collect the following information: your IP address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Website, your advertising ID (if this is supported by your device such as an Apple product or Google product), products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interactions, media download for offline access, screen resolution, device processing power and memory, playback errors and buffering issues. We may collect information automatically using various technologies, including through "cookies" and "web beacons".
§3 Why we use your information
3.1 We use the information we collect to provide you with the best possible experience when you access our Website and engage with us, including by using our services and products. This includes using your information for the following purposes:
- (a) providing and improving our products and services: we use your information to provide you with the products and services you have requested, including when making a purchase, sending you confirmation emails or contacting you regarding your enquiry or order. We use your information to improve and adapt our Website, products and services to better suit the behaviours and technical capabilities of our users;
- (b) administering the Website: we use your information to administer our Website for internal operations, including troubleshooting purposes and to understand any errors you may encounter when using our Website;
- (c) improving use and content of our web pages: we use your information to improve the content of our web pages and to ensure that it is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices;
- (d) safety and security: we use information collected on our Website as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure and to help manage and administer our IT systems. We use information collected through our security systems to help keep our premises and visiting individuals safe and secure.
- (e) marketing: we use your information to communicate with you and keep you up to date with our activities and events and those of third parties that you may be interested in and to make suggestions and recommendations to you on our Website about goods or services that may interest you. We will provide you with this information via email (subject to your prior consent if legally required), notifications on our websites, text or telephone;
- (f) providing a consistent experience across devices and platforms: we may match information collected from and provided by you on one device or platform with information collected from and provided by you on other devices and platforms;
- (g) providing customer service and managing any complaints or requests: we may use your information to provide you with a more efficient customer care service and managing any complaints or requests on your behalf;
- (h) to make necessary disclosures and law enforcement: we may use your information to make necessary disclosures in response requests which we are legally required to comply with, to law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the defence of legal claims. Furthermore, to enforce our Terms and Conditions and/or this Policy; and
- (i) administering a sale, transfer or reorganisation of one of our business entities.
§4 Legal grounds for using your information
4.1 Our processing of your personal information will be based on a variety of legal grounds, including:
- (a) where you have provided your consent: for example, we require your consent to process your personal information for direct marketing activities, when using technology such as cookies or when processing special categories of data such as your dietary requirements;
- (b) where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract: for example, to allow us to deliver goods you have ordered on our web shop or facilitate an event booking;
- (c) where we need to comply with a legal obligation: for example, we may need to disclose your data to a law enforcement agency or to your or our representatives acting in a legal dispute; and
- (d) where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests: this includes, for example, to: (1) provide our products and services to you; (2) ensure that our Website, network and information technology are secure and are being used in an appropriate manner; (3) better understand how you use our products, services and Website and to make improvements; (4) provide security over our business and who we partner with and to monitor the areas around and within our premises to safeguard our employees, customers and members of the public against wrongdoing or criminal activity; (5) develop and maintain relationships with vendors, partners and other companies and dealing with individuals who work for them; and (6) to remain aware of updated market practice to ensure that we are offering a service which is competitive and meets the expectations of our customers. In some jurisdictions, this type of processing requires consent. We will obtain your consent where we are legally required do so.
§5 How we share and disclose your information
5.1 We may share your information with our VB Kaffee affiliates for the purposes outlined at section 3 of this Policy and with third parties, which include third party online platforms, social media platforms, organisations providing a service to us or acting as our agents, including, but not limited to, sub-contractors (including their agents), IT suppliers, database providers, backup and disaster recovery specialists, email providers and other service providers necessary for improving our products and services.
5.2 Our suppliers and service providers will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide them, including your personal information, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function. They will not be permitted to use your personal data for any purposes other than those outlined in this Policy.
§6 How to opt in or opt out of direct marketing
6.1 We may use the information you give us on our Website for direct marketing purposes to provide updates, newsletters, information about events or other communications that we think may interest you.
6.2 Where required by law, your prior consent will be obtained before we send you direct marketing. In any event, we will offer you the option to unsubscribe in every communication sent.
6.3 You may object to receiving direct marketing from us at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com or selecting the unsubscribe option in our email communications.
§7 Cookies and other technologies
7.2 We also make use of "web beacons" also commonly known as "single pixel GIFs", "clear GIFs" or "tags". Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on our Website. Web beacons allow us to optimise our products and services and provide us and third-party partners with analytics information, such as how many visitors our Website receives. We may also use web beacons in our email correspondence to determine whether you open them or take any further action.
§8 Links to other websites
8.2 In some pages of our Website, third parties that provide content, applications or plug-ins through our Website may track your use of content, applications and plug-ins or customise content, applications and plug-ins for you.
§9 Data retention
9.1 We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal or regulatory requirements, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes. We retain your information in accordance with our internal data retention procedures.
9.2 If you object or opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us, we will remove your contact details and marketing permissions to ensure that you do not receive any future marketing communications from us. Also, we will not delete personal data if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
9.3 In all cases, we will continue to protect your personal data in accordance with the terms of this Policy. We will also routinely refresh our information to ensure we keep it up-to-date.
§10 Your rights
10.1 Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal information:
- (a) Right to access your personal information. If you wish to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us at the email address stated below. Before responding to your request, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide further details about your request. We will endeavour to respond within an appropriate timeframe and, in any event, within any timescales required by law.
- (b) Right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information. If you wish to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information please contact us at the email address stated below. It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information to us and keep this information up to date.
- (c) Right to withdraw consent. Where you have provided your consent to processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the email address stated below.
- (d) Right to data portability. You can ask us to help you move some of your information to other companies. To help with that you have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company. You can email your request to the email address stated below.
- (e) Right to object. You can object to the way we process your personal information or object to direct marketing based on profiling where this is based on legitimate interests, by emailing your request to the email address stated below.
- (f) Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can get in touch with your local regulator if you have a complaint in relation to how we handle your personal information.
10.3 If you would like to exercise any of your rights listed above, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
§11 Information security
11.1 We apply physical, technical and administrative measures to protect your personal information that is under our control from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
11.2 Where you have a password, which enables you to access our Website or other internet services, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential.
§12 International transfers
12.1 Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. While we generally store all personal information that we collect about you through our Website in Austria, it is possible that your personal information will be transmitted to parties abroad (where data protection laws may be different e.g. in the United States).
§13 Use of this Website by minors
13.1 By using this Website, you confirm that you are over the age of 16. For this Website, if you are aged 16 or under, you must seek your parent's/guardian's permission beforehand. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with information and, if they do so, we will cease to process their information as soon as we find out.
§14 Changes to the Policy
16.1 This Policy was last updated on March 6 th, 2019. A notice will be displayed for 30 days whenever this Policy is changed in a material way. By continuing to use our Website, you confirm your acceptance of the relevant changes.
§15 Questions, Concerns, Complaints about this Policy and Contact Details
15.1 This Website is the property of and managed by VB Kaffee e.U., Schweibern 5b, 4893 Oberhofen am Irrsee, Austria. If you have a question, concern or complaint about this Policy or our handling of your information, you can contact us by email to email@example.com.